Digital signage is a digital type of digital installation that displays images, video, and any other multimedia content. Digital installations are used for advertising and informational purposes and they can be found in various stores, on buildings, and even on the street.
What is digital signage used for?
Different types of businesses use digital signage and, of course, retail is one of them. In brick-and-mortar stores, digital signage is used to display the most recent promotions, to show the products in a different light, and to promote the store. Of course, each store uses it differently, depending on their needs.
Most often, digital signage is used to promote products in the store and to attract customers.
Other uses for digital signage are:
- Public information – news, weather forecasts, location and other information
- Product information – pricing, raw materials or ingredients, applications or information about the product. This is great for grocery shops where signage can include nutritional facts and suggested recipes.
- Customer service experience - interpretive signage at different tourist attractions
- Advertising and Promotion – promoting products and services with the help of multimedia files.
- Brand awareness– in-store digital signs that promote the brand.
- Enhancing customer experience – different interactive digital displays that allow customers to pick a time slot at the bank or to find where the frozen aisle is in a store
- Navigation – digital signage that shows your current location all over the store.
Why is digital signage important?
Digital displays are amazing for both promotional and informational purposes. They can be used by a lot of businesses and they do improve customer satisfaction and experience. Because we are visual beings, we love to watch videos and images and they are also easier to understand. That’s why shoppers prefer digital displays compared to simple cardboard displays.
Because technology is constantly evolving, digital signages are now interactive. This means that customers can actually use the digital display, not just look at it.